Psychological Disorder Analysis
· Need four (4) references, cited & obtained from, put on reference page.
· 1400-1750 words
· APA formatting
· No plagiarism
· DUE 7/18/2015 13:00 1 PM EST
· If you cannot have this completed by this time or cannot handle the assignment, please do not contact me asking to do it.
Marla is a 42-year-old Hispanic female who comes to the mental health clinic complaining of having trouble sleeping, feeling “jumpy all of the time,” and experiencing an inability to concentrate. These symptoms are causing problems for her at work, where she is an accountant. —— Dysthymia Disorder
· Resources: Appendix A, Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology, and the Faces of Abnormal Psychology Interactive application at the McGraw Hill Higher Education website
· Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper analyzing Marla’s disorder. Address the following:
· Decide which disorder Marla may have using the information in the Faces of Abnormal Psychology Interactive Application at http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/faces/#.
· The profile introduction will match more than one of the disorders found in the application.
· You must choose one of the disorders and complete the profile.
· Include the 10 question from the week Four CheckPoint. (Questions are below)
Clinical Interview Questions
1) What made you decide to come to therapy?
2) What are you expectations and goal you would like to achieve from therapy?
3) Can you tell me about yourself, your family (mother, father, siblings) and how is your relationship with them? Are you all a close nit family?
4) Do you have any close friends or a significant other?
5) How well do you get along with your friends, significant other and co-workers?
6) Do you have any feelings of anxiety, depression, or suicidal thoughts?
7) How is your overall physical health?
8) Does mental illness or depression run in your family?
9) Are you currently on any medication? Do you drink or use any illegal drugs?
10) How would you describe yourself and your personality? Do you think you have good morals?
· Summarize the disorder using the information provided in the interactive application.
· Explain the origin of the disorder and any potential treatments by using one of the models of abnormality found in Ch. 2 of Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology. (SEE ATTACHED PDF)
· Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Final Project Overview
The final project for this course is comprehensive, designed to allow you to analyze a psychological disorder by reviewing a short profile of Marla, a 42-year-old accountant. This assignment provides you with a greater understanding of and ability to recognize abnormal behavior. Once you identify a possible disorder, probe deeper by asking questions and completing Marla’s profile. Once you have completed Marla’s profile, suggest possible treatments based on the models of abnormality in Ch. 2. This project reflects the culmination of your knowledge gathered through the readings, discussion questions, CheckPoints, and assignments.
• Suggested in Week Two: Review the McGraw Hill Higher Education Web site, http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/faces/#, which will be used for your final project.
• Due in Week Four: Review the requirements for your final project and pp. 69-70 of the text. Draft ten probing questions to learn more about the patient’s background.
• Suggested in Week Eight: Familiarize yourself with the DSM-IV to make a decision regarding a possible disorder.
WEEK NINE GRADE EXPECTATIONS
Please review my grading expectations for the Psychological Disorder Analysis Final Project Assignment:
Presentation Grading Form for the Psychological Disorder Analysis Final Project, Due in Week Nine
Content and Development
175 Points Points Earned
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
• Student identifies Marla’s disorder and completes the profile.
• Student summarizes and includes the 10 questions from week four checkpoint.
• Student summarizes the disorder using information provided in the interactive application.
• Student explains the origin of the disorder and any potential treatments by using one of the models of abnormality.
• The paper is 1,400 to 1,750 words in length.
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive.
The paper develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience.
The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
Readability and Style
10 Points Points Earned
Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
Sentences are well constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences.
Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought.
15 Points Points Earned
The paper, including the title page, reference page, tables, and appendixes, follows APA formatting guidelines.
Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow APA guidelines.
The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
Spelling is correct.
200 Points Points Earned
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.