Paper will be based off my mom.
Her name is Trina Carranza born 12/31/1953 she has hypertension and was diagnosed At age 55, she’s type two diabetic, and she has rheumatoid arthritis which she wasn’t diagnose until the age of 60. She takes a lot of medication and she has a total of 5 kids and two of them have hemophilia.
The details for the paper are below and I also attached my friends paper for an exam please make it more professional than hers.
THE GERIATRIC INTERVIEW AND SUMMARY GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
DEH 2806 CLINIC 4
This enriching learning experience will encompass the interviewing process, recognition of physical changes and emotional characteristics of the aging as well as the factors, which influence the medical and dental health of the aging population. The assignment will be based upon two, one-hour interviews with an individual age 65 or older. The student will be provided with interview guidelines, questions, and an interview permission slip. The summary will be a computer-typewritten report, which is due October 26th. The interview summary, medical history and permission form are all that need to be turned in.
1. Introduce yourself and explain the purpose of the interview. Ask person what they prefer to be called. i.e., Mrs. Smith or Mary.
2. Explain the types of questions that you will be asking them. Please inform the person that they will be questions of a personal nature.
3. If you plan on using a recording device, please ask permission prior to pulling it out. (Try out the device beforehand to make sure it works, bring extra batteries.)
4. It is imperative that you have the volunteer sign a consent form before the interview! The consent describes your project and assures him or her that the information given will be kept confidential.
5. Obtain signed permission form from the individual. Have him or her fill out the green portion of an MDC Medical History Form.
6. Arrange a time and place which is agreeable for the individual to be interviewed. Remember not to go to the home of a stranger, and remember that an elderly person’s energy level may be low at certain times of the day. Choose a quiet place free of interruptions. This interview is done best in two sitting so as not to exhaust the interviewee, and to get accurate and descriptive answers.
7. Communication is improved if you seat yourself facing the individual about 2-3 feet away. Remember to speak slowly and clearly and offer feedback. Do not be judgmental.
8. Use open-ended questions. Avoid questions which can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”.
9. Remember it is common for elderly people to cry when they reminisce. Come
• • • •
prepared with a tissue, or be able to take a break if they need to.
Relax! Take your time! Enjoy listening to them. Be patient if they take time answering. It’s ok if you don’t do every question. The important thing is letting them recall their life and tell it to someone who is interested in listening!
Thank the person for sharing their history and experiences with you.
Offer dental hygiene suggestions and recommendations to the person you are interviewing. This is an opportunity for both of you to learn from each other.
To turn in (Check to make sure you have EACH of these elements): A signed consent form.
Completed pages 1 – 4 of the green hardcopy MDC DH Medical History A picture of you with the subject of your paper
List the interview date, along with start and finish times.
Within your paper, provide a summary of your own feelings and opinions about the interview itself. How did it go? Was your interviewee easy to speak to? Did you learn anything? Were you surprised by anything you heard? Do the older adult’s opinions about medications and health correspond with your own? View the grading rubric to ensure that you have all components necessary for this project.
GERIATRIC INTERVIEW INTERVIEW ONE: HEALTH/DENTAL HISTORY
For this interview have the individual complete a Miami Dade College, Dental Hygiene Program, Dental Hygiene Clinic Health History, green pages only. Review the health history with your elderly individual for accuracy and complete the following questions.
1. How well do you feel is your medical health? How often do you visit the physician?
2. Is there anything that interferes with your medical health? I.e., smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet, insufficient resources or medical insurance to seek medical care.
3. How many medications do you take on a daily basis? What are they for? Do they result in xerostomia?
4. Which factors that you participate in are those that promote your medical health? i.e., regular exercise, proper diet, adequate sleep, regular medical care.
5. How well do you feel is your dental health? How often do you visit the dentist?
6. Which factors interfere with your dental health? I.e., smoking, oral habits, poor
diet, oral hygiene insufficient resources or dental insurance to seek dental care.
7. What do you do to maintain your dental health? I.e., regular dental care, proper
plaque control measures, good diet.
8. Have you ever been told that you have an oral disease? Gingivitis, periodontitis,
cavities, oral cancer?
9. Do you have any oral pains? Have you spoken to a professional about it?
10. What is does your dental care at home consist of?
11. What services would you like to see provided at the dental office?
12. Do you have any questions or concerns about your medical or dental health?
13. Do you have medical insurance? Dental insurance? How do you pay for your
14. Are you edentulous?
15. Do you wear an oral prosthesis? When did you obtain it? When did you last
have it adjusted?
16. How do you maintain your prosthesis on a daily basis?
17. Do you have difficulty eating as a result of your teeth?
18. Do you have any limitations to your daily activities?
THE GERIATRIC EXPERIENCE INTERVIEW ONE: LIFE HISTORY
Remember, these are sample questions, not a script. Have a conversation with your candidate. Feel free to expand on questions and even ask additional ones.
1. What do you remember about your childhood? (Earliest memories, family, etc.)
2. When and where were you born?
3. What were your school days like? What level did you complete in school?
4. What responsibilities did you have at home when you were young?
5. Did you work outside the home? If so, what was your profession? Would you
choose the same occupation today?
6. Did you go to university or college? How did you decide what you wanted to
7. Do you have any military experience?
8. Did you marry? If so, what do you remember about your wedding? What do you
see differently in the marriages of today and what has stayed the same?
9. Do you have any children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren? How often do
you see them?
10. What’s different about growing up today from when you were growing up?
11. Where did you live as a child? As an adult?
12. Are you happy with where you live now?
13. Who do you currently live with, is there a special reason behind the
14. Do you have a close relationship with any other person now? (Friends, family,
15. Do you have any hobbies? Any collections?
16. What’s your most cherished family tradition? Why is it important?
17. How do you usually spend your day? What do you like to do in your spare time?
18. What are you the proudest of in your life?
19. Who has had the greatest influence on your life? How?
20. Are you retired? If so, how has your life changed since retirement, how do you
supplement your income? If not, why have you chosen not to retire, when do you
think you will?
21. Is there anything you would still like to do in your life? If you won $1 million
tomorrow, what would you do with the money?
22. What’s the hardest thing about growing older? The best thing?
23. What advice do you have for a younger person?
24. Did you visit the dentist as a child? What experiences did you have at the office?
How have dental visits changed over the years?
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM INTERVIEW PERMISSION FORM
I, _________________________________ (print name) agree to allow a Miami Dade College Dental Hygiene student to interview me for the purpose of his/her educational experience. The information obtained will be kept confidential and discussed only with the instructor and/or small groups of classmates enrolled in the Dental Hygiene 4 course.
Signature Date Contact Phone Number
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.