PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW
The purpose of this assignment is to discuss scholarly research pertaining to topics or issues in
corrections. Thus, select a topic or issue in corrections that you want to examine and know more
about. This topic or issue on corrections can be something that you read about in the textbook
and/or the Travis Pratt book in this class. Or, your selected topic or issue on corrections can be
something that was not covered in this course.
For your paper, then, make sure to obtain and review at least five (5) scholarly research journal
articles that examine your chosen topic or issue. In order to provide a current review, please
make sure at least three of your selected research journal articles are no more than ten (10)
years old (or published in 2012 or later).
Requirements – Please discuss the following in your paper:
1. Why did you choose this topic/issue of corrections? What are your views, attitudes, and
beliefs about this topic/issue before reading the articles? (approx. 1.5 pages)
2. After reviewing your selected research journal articles, please discuss the research on your
selected correctional topic or issue. Please make sure to discuss the following: (approx. 7
• Give an introduction of your chosen topic/issue (e.g. management of prisons,
effectiveness of parole or probation; reentry or assimilation of released prisoners in the
community; effectiveness of educational, vocational, or spiritual programs in correctional
facilities for prisoners, restorative justice in prisons, etc.)
• Discuss the significance of your chosen topic/issue. In other words, why is your chosen
correctional topic/issue important and worthy of study?
• Discuss the major findings and concepts from your review of the research on your chosen
topic or issue.
• Discuss the policies, strategies, programs, interventions, services, etc. that were suggested
by the research studies to effectively address or improve your chosen topic or issue.
• Discuss any theories that were used to inform thinking about your topic/issue in the
journal articles, various samples used in the studies, various hypotheses tested in the
research articles, and various methodologies used in the research journal articles.
3. After reading the journal articles, what impact did it have on your views, attitudes, and beliefs
about this topic/issue of corrections? Explain. (approx. 1.5 pages)
1) Please give your paper an appropriate title page including your name, date, and a title for
2) All references must be cited in the body of the paper (in-text) and in a separate reference list
at the end of your paper. Adhere to the APA format.
3) Page length: At least 10 pages, not including the title page and reference page. The paper
should be double-spaced, Times New Roman 12-point font.
4) Please support your discussions with specific examples from the research journal articles.
5) Please be sure to proofread your paper. Papers that are vague, hard to follow, and/or filled
with typos and other grammatical errors will receive a lower grade.
1) Please contact the UHCL Writing Center for helpful assistance in writing your paper. Their
contact information is on pages 5 and 6 of the course syllabus.
2) Please also contact the UHCL Criminology Librarian Ms. Cindy Goode for helpful
information and assistance on using UHCL library resources (e.g. searching for and locating
research journal articles on your chosen topic/issue). Ms. Goode can be reached at 281-283-
3917; email: email@example.com and at the UHCL library. More generally, the UHCL library
research consultation office can also be contacted at 281-283-3910, in person at the UHCL
library, or via the online appointment form available at: https://uhcl.libcal.com/appointments
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.